Welcome to the Judiciary of the
Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
The Judiciary of Trinidad and Tobago provides an accountable court system in which timeliness and efficiency are the hallmarks, while still protecting integrity, fairness, equality and accessibility and attracting public trust and confidence.
File a Notice to Contest a
Traffic Ticket Online
What information do you need to file?
- Notice Reference Number
- Vehicle Registration Number
- Driver’s Permit Number
- Date of Notice
Convert to CourtPay to make and receive
Maintenance Payments Online
- Complete the Convert2CourtPay Form
- Upload a form of national identification (National ID Card, Driver's Permit or Passport)
- Submit the completed form and a representative from the Judiciary will contact you
Use the Judiciary's eServices portal to
File your Court Applications Online
- Visit the Judiciary’s E-filing Portal
- Enter the details for your application
- Upload your court documents
- Click SUBMIT!
Contact the Court using our
Court Services Directory
- Request Office Copies
- Schedule Appointments
- Get Information or Assistance
Court of Appeal
The Court of Appeal has appellate jurisdiction over both the Magistracy and the High Court, inclusive of the Magisterial and High Court Sections of the Family Court. At present, an appeal from the Court of Appeal in Trinidad and Tobago lies to the Privy Council as of right, or with the leave of that Court.
Section 6 (1) of the Act provides for the number of Judges in the Appeal Court in addition to the Chief Justice who shall be the President of that Court. Justices of Appeal take precedence over High Court Judges. Justices of Appeal and High Court Judges are ranked depending on their length of service on the Bench.