Library services include:
- reference and circulation of material to patrons
- indexing and abstracting of the judgments of the Supreme Court
- provision of the Court Libraries Gateway to facilitate research and access to the Unit's services including the Online catalogue
- updating of legislation
- current awareness services to judges
- maintenance of an information file
- maintenance of a collection in each judge's chambers
- interlibrary loans
- automated databases
- fee-based services
- photocopying services
- document delivery
- providing material to judges for court matters, at the request of Attorneys-at-Law.
The Library's Databases
The Library's automated legal database information system was established in 1991. There are three main databases. These have been consolidated to from the Unit's Online Catalogue. They are:
TTCASE Database which is a database of head notes and abstracts of the decisions of the Supreme Court of Trinidad and Tobago. The database contains both current and retrospective material and facilitates retrieval of case law through several access points including subject, judge, suit number and parties to the action.
CARLEX Database is a database of Trinidad and Tobago legal material. It indexes such material as reports, speeches, conference papers, research papers and journal articles. In some cases, the material is abstracted.
SCLIS Database which is a bibliographic database. The SCLIS Database reflects the Court Libraries holdings.
The Court Library Services Gateway
The Court Library Services Unit has purchased an integrated library automated system [MINISIS which enables the Unit to offer online public access to the Library's databases. The online catalogue incorporates the Library's databases and is available by clicking the link below: