Youth Waiting Room for Customers
The Youth Waiting Room of the Family Court provides services strictly to young adults between the ages of eleven (11) to seventeen (17) years of age who are engaged in court or other legal proceedings or have business with the Mediation or Social Services Unit at the Family Court.
Well trained Youth Officers supervise young persons attending the Youth Waiting Room.
Activities in the Youth Waiting Room:
- Group Interactive Discussions
- Art and Craft
- Puzzles and Games
- Computer services etc.
Pre Requirements for the Youth Waiting Room
Persons who wish to utilise these services are required to produce some form of identification such as:
- National Identification Card (ID card)
- National Passport
- Drivers Permit.
If you are somehow unable to produce any of the above, you will be require to have your photo taken by one of the Youth Room Officers.
There are a number of forms to be completed, but this is to ensure the safety of your child/ren and all relevant information is available in the event of an emergency.
Persons can print and fill out the form beforehand. but signing must be done in the Youth Waiting Room in the presence of the Family Court Youth Officers.
All forms are kept confidential.
Youth Waiting Room Registration Forms
Persons who wish to utilise these service are required to read and sign the following forms:
- Youth Waiting Room Parent /Guardian Information and Agreement Form - Agreement to adhere to the policies and procedures of the Youth Waiting Room
- Youth Waiting Room Registration Form:
- Personal History Information
- Emergency Information - Emergency Information
- Medical Information - Children's medical history information
- Emergency Release - Permission to treat with medical emergencies
- Retrieval Form - Confirmation that you were satisfied with the care provided.
All forms in this unit give a clear explanation and definition of the importance of registering your children in the Youth Waiting Room.