Department Profile & Departmental Structure
The Security Unit maintains a secure and safe environment, and promotes a sense of security and safety awareness among the Judiciary's stakeholders, both internal and external.
The Security Mandate:
In support of the organization's Vision and Mission, the security mandate is:
- To continually engage in well-planned and well-coordinated activities to ensure the security and safety of ALL members of staff of the Judiciary and other stakeholders; and
- To protect the Judiciary's assets and effectively coordinate emergency/disaster relief plans when necessary.
Generally the JSU:
- Is responsible and accountable for the protection of people and property, both proactively and reactively; and
- Is committed to prevent/mitigate the occurrence of any circumstance that has the potential to 'disrupt' the functioning of Court facilities.
Key responsibilities of the Unit include but are not limited to:
- Providing a secure and safe environment, in which the Judiciary can carry out its core business;
- Ensuring that all personnel are screened prior to entering judiciary facilities;
- Ensuring that unauthorized persons do not venture into areas, where such entry is prohibited;
- Sustaining a high degree of professionalism, thereby achieving the deterrent effect to would be perpetrators/unsavoury characters; who may engage in disruptive behaviour;
- Screening of potential employees, as part of the vetting process during recruitment;
- Investigating internal/external discrepancies; and
- Performing the role of first responders in emergencies
The Security Unit objectives are:
- To establish, develop and maintain a highly specialized State of the Art Judiciary Security System
- To prevent disturbances and Acts of violence that can impede the administration of Justice
- To design and implement modern security measures in a timely manner
- To protect the independence, integrity, dignity, fairness, equality and accessibility of the Courts
|Doddridge Jack||Judiciary Security Manager||223-1060 Ext:2361|
|Allan Jones||Deputy Judiciary Security Manager||223-1060 Ext:3066|
|Theophilus Samuel||Assistant Judiciary Security Manager||223-1060 Ext:3061|
|Charmaine Auguste-Charles||Assistant Judiciary Security Manager||223-1060 Ext:3027|
|Gilbert Hamilton||Judiciary Security Supervisor||223-1060 Ext:2422|
|Peter Leon||Judiciary Security Supervisor||223-1060 Ext:3065|
The headquarters of the Judiciary Security Unit is located at the Hall of Justice, Port of Spain. However, security operations offices are located in all Court locations.
Tel: 223-1060 ext. 2361
Fax: 624-0422 / 624-5188