Department Profile & Organisational Structure
This Unit provides support to the Department of Court Administration as it seeks to develop a range of strategies and implement plans and activities which are aimed principally at transforming the Judiciary into a high performing, professional organisation. This legal support is provided by a Senior Legal Officer and a Legal Research Officer.
The Unit's services include:
- contract management, drafting, review and revision
- review and revision of legal documents
- interpretation and provision of advice on legislative provisions
- representation of the Judiciary in Court matters and before relevant Disciplinary Tribunals
- provision of advice on policies and procedures to ensure that the activities of the Department meet the requirements of efficiency and accountability
- execution of research and the provision of sound legal advice, opinions and decisions on matters.
- Provision of information in Compliance with sections 7, 8 and 9 of the Freedom of Information Act ('FOIA'), Chapter 22:02
Department Telephone Contact - (868) 628-8529, Ext. 2702
Fax: (868) 627-7331
The Unit is located at the Judiciary's Administration Building at 112-114 Duke Street, Port-of-Spain
|Mayers, Michelle||Senior Legal Officer|
|Philbert, Jamie||Legal Research Officer|