Development of Customer Service Centres
The JRTT in adopting international best practices and in adherence with internationally accepted standards is strengthening the existing infrastructure and support for the delivery of Customer Service at the Courts. This Customer Service project which commenced as a pilot has introduced training programmes and customer service desks at the Supreme Courts and Magistracy throughout Trinidad and Tobago. At the Customer Service desks Court customers have access to well trained staff who provide courteous, consistent and efficient customer service.
Through the Customer Care Project the JRTT will
- Create a system throughout the Judiciary that is customer focused and service oriented
- Promote enhanced inter-departmental communication in support of delivery of a high level of service to the internal customer
- Produce materials that effectively support information and education at all levels to improve transparency, public trust and confidence in the operations of the Judicial system
- Improve dialogue and communication with key stakeholders and engaging them on issues that impact on the Administration of Justice.
- Create a more informed media on the workings of the Judiciary and the administration of Justice.
The Customer Service project seeks to enhance the delivery of service at the various centres throughout the Judiciary. Service delivery is to be enhanced to both internal and external clients and will be achieved through strategic initiatives targeting the various groups. Project activities will resonate with the various clients and cohorts within the Judiciary's workflow and structure. The project will ensure strengthening and enhancement of Customer Service and the development of a framework for implementation, monitoring and evaluation
Project Outcomes include:
- The Development Customer Service Plan for the Judiciary
- Customer Service Training for frontline staff
- Specialised training of Court Protocol and Information Unit staff to enhance Customer Service delivery and communication & information support
- Completion of a communication audit and recommendation for implementation of a sound public awareness and education programme for the Judiciary's customers
- Production of an outreach and education programme to support customer service delivery
- Enhancement of Customer Service Delivery through customer service evaluation